Today, we’ll be talking about a parachute game that’s been around for quite some time. It’s played with 4 or more players, and it’s perfect for outdoor gatherings, daycare, and preschool. It’s called “Treasure Hunt.”
What You'll Need:
- 12’ or larger Play Parachute
- Misc. equipment to use as treasure (ex: beanbags, balls, Frisbees, shoes, rocks, sticks, etc.)
- 4+ players
- Before you begin, place several small to medium sized items underneath the parachute. You can use any object you find around the house, around your backyard or even at the park.
- Have all players stand up and grab the parachute firmly, spaced out around the parachute evenly.
- All players must begin moving the parachute in a rhythmic heartbeat, making sure to move the parachute up and down in a slow, wave-like motion.
- On command, one player must plunge under the parachute and grab a selected item before the parachute comes down on them. If the parachute touches the player underneath, they must put the item back for the next round.
Variations: Have the player going under the parachute select only “red” items, or only “soft” items. It adds a level of difficulty as you search for the correct item before returning from underneath the parachute.
Wrapping it Up
Experiment with lots of different “treasures” and various commands to expand the game, difficulty, and more. Have fun & let us know how you did in the comments section!